From: Stefan Schweizer <genstef@g.o>
To: Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-core@l.g.o, gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] [POLICY] Keywording/Stabilizing Bug Assignment Policy
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 19:54:06
1 On 4/17/07, Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o> wrote:
2 > Bugs that are created for the purpose of getting arches to keyword or
3 > stabilize a particular package should initially be assigned to the
4 > herd/maintainer of said package with all requested arches being CCed.
5
6 As a maintainer I have to deal with many stable/keywording requests.
7 Those are bugs that generally hang around in my bugzilla queries and
8 fill my mailbox and I do not have any ability to help there or fix
9 them. Those bugmails constitute spam for my mailbox.
10
11 It would be cool to implement a keywording@g.o alias just to
12 assign those bugs to so that we maintainers do not need to see them.
13
14 > Once the last remaining arch has completed the bug, it is up to them to
15 > close it. They know it's up to them to close it since the bug is
16 > assigned directly to them.
17
18 In my opinion the last architecture should also remove the old ebuild
19 they have just made obsolete by stabling/keywording the new version,
20 since they commit to the directory anyway.
21
22 Best regards,
23 Stefan
24 --