From: "Federico \\\"fox\\\" Scrinzi" <fox91@×××××.no>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] euscan GSoC project - requesting feedback
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 07:55:15
Hi everybody!

I'm working on a GSoC project for enhancing Euscan
(http://euscan.iksaif.net/). Euscan allows to check if a given
package/ebuild has new upstream versions or not. It uses different
heuristic to scan upstream and grab new versions and related urls.
Euscan has a web interface for surfing data but for now is only possible
to see the scan results per package/category/herd/maintainers/overlay.
We're working now on the possibility to register and provide a cool
dashboard for maintainers, so that they can easily keep an eye on the
upstream versions of the packages they maintain.

The main question is: what would you like to have on this dashboard?
Currently (in the development version) there's the possibility to login
and watch/unwatch packages/categories/herds/... and see the watched
stuff in the account dashboard. We're planning on implementing a
weekly(?) custom newsletter based on the packages you're watching, which
features would you like?

The project repo for the GSoC is here: https://github.com/volpino/euscan

Thanks!

--
f.

  "Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a
   violent psychopath who knows where you live."
  (Martin Golding)

http://about.me/fox91