From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] freetype related build errors
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 18:58:13
1 begin quote
2 On Thu, 24 Oct 2002 17:08:47 -0500
3 John Newman <jnn@××××××××.net> wrote:
4
5 > When I'm attempting to build seemingly any package that needs
6 > libfreetype I get these errors at the bottom of the build:
9 > This is obviously keeping me from building gnome and lots and lots
10 > of other packages :) I currently have freetype-2.0.9 and
11 > freetype-2.1.2-r1 installed. I've tried uninstalling the 2.0.9
12 > version and reinstalling both versions and I still get the
13 > exact same build error on other packages. Anybody have any idea
14 > whats causing this? The only way I've found to fix the packages
15 > that are blowing up is to manually add /usr/X11R6/lib/libfreetype.a
16 > to the end of the final gcc line and then to emerge -i the package
17 > to insert a stub so that portage knows its installed.
21 this isn't pretty.. .the package appears to build with the freetype
22 2.1.x headers from /usr/lib.. and then at the final link stage it uses
23 the /usr/X11... version of freetype, and thats where it breaks. I've
24 had a few bugs like this but I've never been able to solve this. all
25 discussion is welcome and I know this isn't what you'd want to hear from
26 the devs : (
27
28 //Spider
32 begin .signature
33 This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!
35 end