From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Reusing systemd unit file format / forking systemd
Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 11:47:37
1 On 5/26/13 1:31 PM, Robert David wrote:
2 > Come on, it is 2013, wasting few inodes. I did not got these problems
3 > in the old good times with my 386 with 4mb ram and few MB hdd.
4 > Those with embedded system will mask many other files, not only
5 > systemd units (so they save one inode more with my approach, when need
6 > no initscript-wrapper).
7 > Users of regular server/desktops/laptops, 10-20 inodes more? They would
8 > rather won't use Gentoo with its portage tree or do not compile
9 > kernel sources, etc.
10
11 The fact we are already the worst offenders won't make thinking about
12 impacting a little less not that important.
13
14 System with the problem keep portage in a separate fs.
15
16 lu