From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] Improve policy of stabilizations
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 15:29:56
On Monday 02 November 2009 16:17:07 Christian Faulhammer wrote:
> Hi, > > Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis <Arfrever@g.o>: > > Some packages have new releases more than once a month and sometimes > > it's reasonable to not skip stabilization of any version. Given > > version of a package is usually no longer tested by users after > > release of a newer version, so I suggest the following change to the > > policy of stabilizations: Stabilization of given version of a package > > can be requested if this version has been in the tree for at least 10 > > days and a newer version of this package has been added to the tree. > > If you do that, you will see arch teams skip those stabilisations in a > daily rhythm. Honestly, who should do that work? Having every minor > release stable is a big nuisance for arch workers. > > V-Li >
This is way I keep asking for a complete report of manpower at least for amd64 and x86 arch teams ( and update the project pages as well ). We need real numbers so we adjust respectively the number of stabilization bugs we assign to them. -- Markos Chandras (hwoarang) Gentoo Linux Developer [KDE/Qt/Sound/Sunrise] Web: http://hwoarang.silverarrow.org