From: Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Unused ebuild built_with_use cleanup
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 02:29:25
On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 4:51 AM, Petteri Räty <betelgeuse@g.o> wrote:
> Mike Frysinger wrote: >> On Tuesday 27 October 2009 14:46:31 Petteri Räty wrote: >>> Normally old versions are not kept around as already said if you read >>> the thread. >> >> "normal" is not the same thing as "always".  unless you're the maintainer, you >> have no idea whether old versions are kept there on purpose.  ive had people >> delete older versions of packages on me simply because they made this invalid >> assumption without talking to the maintainer.  the rest of the thread is >> irrelevant as this point was not made. >> > > Yes I have no idea. That's why I asked on gentoo-dev-announce for > maintainers to tell me if they are kept on purpose so the point was made > already at the very start. > > Regards, > Petteri > >
I see several of my packages on there as well and there's absolutely no way you're culling them since they have a definite use since you're script clearly failed to take into consideration various profiles and SLOTs. Biggest reason that my packages still use built_with_use is the lack of the --missing option for EAPI=2. -- Doug Goldstein