From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] some global useflags
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 23:09:29
1 On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 05:43:38PM +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > Utterly illegal, needs to die.
3 Why? I don't agree that it needs to be the global useflags, but I don't
4 consider it illegal either.
5
6 It's defined by toolchain.eclass and toolchain-binutils.eclass, and
7 deliberately in a very careful manner, such that USE=-multislot and
8 USE=multislot do NOT conflict. There are no other uses in the tree.
9
10 For binutils, it simply enables slotting entirely.
11 For gcc, it moves the slot down from the major version to the minor version.
12
13 In both cases, which one gets called is controlled by the relevant *-config
14 utility. It's pretty handy when you are trying to figure out a gcc or binutils
15 bug in the minor versions.
16
17 Definitions:
18 toolchain-binutils:
19 if use multislot ; then
20 SLOT="${CTARGET}-${BVER}"
21 elif is_cross ; then
22 SLOT="${CTARGET}"
23 else
24 SLOT="0"
25 fi
26
27 toolchain.eclass:
28 if use multislot ; then
29 SLOT="${CTARGET}-${GCC_CONFIG_VER}"
30 elif is_crosscompile; then
31 SLOT="${CTARGET}-${GCC_BRANCH_VER}"
32 else
33 SLOT="${GCC_BRANCH_VER}"
34 fi
35
36 Packages where used:
37 sys-devel/binutils
38 sys-devel/binutils-hppa64
39 sys-devel/binutils-nios2
40 sys-devel/gcc
41 sys-devel/gcc-nios2
42 sys-devel/kgcc64
45 Robin Hugh Johnson
46 Gentoo Linux Developer & Infra Guy
47 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
48 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85