From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] News item: systemd rootprefix migration
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2017 14:40:20
1 On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 12:46 AM, Sam Jorna (wraeth) <wraeth@g.o> wrote:
2 >> Symlinks are provided for /usr/lib/systemd/systemd and
3 >> /usr/lib/systemd/systemd-shutdown to avoid breaking bootloader configs
4 >> and to allow the system to be shutdown/rebooted without issue.
5 >
6 > Will these symlinks be maintained indefinitely? Would it be worth
7 > suggesting updating cmdline's to point to the new location rather than
8 > the symlink?
9
10 I don't see a strong reason to get rid of them, though it would be
11 nice to tidy up the ebuild at some point. I'll add a suggestion to
12 update the kernel command line.