From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposing fundamental changes to DevRel
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 15:46:10
On 17.6.2010 17.00, Sebastian Pipping wrote:
> Petteri, > > > On 06/17/10 09:52, Petteri Räty wrote: >> Wrong mailing list. This thread belongs to gentoo-project. > > that's what I am referring to with "tone in Gentoo". > I want the other 80% of you on the council. >
We communicate in English but that doesn't mean we all the same cultural background. My native language doesn't do small talk and doesn't have a word for please. Of course when writing English I try use please when required by the other party but sugar coating wouldn't have changed what I wanted to communicate with my message. It would just increase the time needed to write the message and raise the risk of getting misunderstood. A short and to the point message is the easiest to understand.
> In my opinion the DevRel topic is too important to hide it on a mailing > list with a fraction of subscribers. I wrote here on purpose. >
If a thing is important enough then you should use gentoo-dev-announce under the current rules. Regards, Petteri