From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Bleeding edge hardened-sources: move PaX markings from ELF to Extended Attributes
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2011 03:45:41
1 Mike Frysinger posted on Wed, 07 Dec 2011 20:58:15 -0500 as excerpted:
2
3 > On Wednesday 07 December 2011 20:45:28 Duncan wrote:
4 >> (1) Tail-packing.
5 >
6 > ext4 will be doing something similar: http://lwn.net/Articles/469805/
7
8 Thanks. I was ~3 months behind on LWN for awhile but am down to 4 weeks
9 (including the 8th's weekly) behind now, but that does mean I hadn't seen
10 that article yet. I just read it. =:^)
11
12 Looks like they're adding metadata checksumming too, tho not data, and
13 not until 3.4-ish.
14
15 I like, but as I think I mentioned, I hope to finally be switching to
16 btrfs with 3.3 or 3.4, after the bigger metadata blocks hit (an earlier
17 LWN said 3.3-ish). I'll be keeping the backup copies (both hot and cold)
18 on reiserfs for awhile, tho. I'm not insane enough to trust /everything/
19 to the still-no-fsck-only-recovery-tool btrfs just yet.
24 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman