From: Dylan Carlson <absinthe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Bug voting
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 00:42:33
1 On Wednesday 28 July 2004 7:58 pm, Joel Konkle-Parker wrote:
2 > Multiple votes per bug allows people to say "this bug is really
3 > important to me." They have a limited number available; it's their
4 > choice whether they want to spend them all on a single bug, or spread
5 > them out to many.
6 >
7 > The Mozilla project uses voting as well, but they allocate 10 votes
8 > each, to spend however you please.
9
10 I thought Mozilla does it 1-per-bug, but I guess I'm mistaken. KDE works
11 well with 20-per-bug.
12
13 I'm cool with it either way. Any reasonable value will probably work. I
14 gave that example to show how I would set it up-- starting at one vote per
15 bug and changing it later if users request it. I prefer incremental
16 approaches (starting small and working up as the needs dictate).
17
18 sj7trunks is responsible for maintaining bugzilla... so I believe he'd
19 also be setting that value, if voting gets implemented; and I hope it
20 does. Voting is a low cost, low impact tweak to give the users a way to
21 help steer the things we're working on.
22
23 Cheers,
24 Dylan Carlson [absinthe@g.o]
25 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x708E165F