From: Greg KH <gregkh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Let's redesign the entire filesystem!
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 15:05:18
On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 10:51:44AM -0400, Philip Webb wrote:
> 120314 Greg KH wrote: > > if you have /usr on a different filesystem today, with no initrd, > > your machine could be broken and you don't even know it. > > Whatever do you mean ? -- if it were truly broken, > it wouldn't perform in some important & obvious respect.
Not always, no, it isn't obvious that something didn't start up correctly, or that it didn't fully load properly. Some programs later on recover and handle things better.
> Do you mean "insecure" ? -- if so, what is the threat ?
No threat.
> > greg "why is this thread still alive" k-h > > Your dismissive response is perhaps one reason ...
Given that this is the first time I've responded to this thread in weeks, I doubt it. People like to complain, that's nothing new, I should be used to it by now, so perhaps it is all my fault... greg k-h