From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Thoughts about broken package handling
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 03:32:13
Fabian Groffen posted on Sun, 26 Jun 2011 16:42:51 +0200 as excerpted:

> Yup, but when the library is already gone, you sometimes cannot run the > necessary tools any more. Funny one is bash, for instance.
That's one of the tool-chain exceptions I specifically made. But fortunately, the really basic toolchain stuff tends to be just that, really basic, and doesn't have /that/ many breaking dependencies, so the list of exceptions remains relatively small. (Relatively!) -- Duncan - List replies preferred. No HTML msgs. "Every nonfree program has a lord, a master -- and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman