From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, antarus@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Using emerge-webrsync to simplify the handbook
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2012 08:05:01
1 On 11/30/2012 09:55 PM, Alec Warner wrote:
2 > On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 10:06 AM, Ian Stakenvicius <axs@g.o> wrote:
3 > On 30/11/12 12:30 PM, Alec Warner wrote:
4 >>>>> How about we not change the docs until someone eagerly implements
5 >>>>> all the stuff you just said?
6 >>>>
7 >
8 > Well, using emerge-webrsync for grabbing the initial snapshot during
9 > an installation still makes sense regardless of whether or not we do
10 > any of the above, iirc that was the original documentation request
11 > change wasn't it?
12 >
13 >> Zac can probably comment on where it fetches from. I can say with some
14 >> certainty that we have enough rsync capacity, I can't say the same for
15 >> HTTP based services.
16
17 I just did a quick test on 107 http mirrors returned from mirrorselect
18 --list-only, and found that 102 returned a mirror://snapshots/index.html
19 containing the string "portage-2012".
20 --
21 Thanks,
22 Zac

Add-mirrorselect-list-only-option.patch text/x-patch
snapshots_http_urls.txt text/plain