From: Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] virtualx missing xhost in DEPEND ?
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 09:52:59
1 Hi list,
2
3 today, I encountered a problem while compiling some parts of gnome on a
4 box over ssh. Precisely, libbonoboui which inherits virtualx and calls
5 Xmake for tests failed because a test that needed X wasn't able to find
6 it. No X related environnement variable was present whatsoever.
7
8 Looking closer, it appears that the eclass needs xorg-server _and_ xhost
9 or it will just assume X is available, won't scan for opened displays
10 and fail later on. Installing xhost solved the problem. This issue is
11 raised when you use xorg-server instead of x11-xorg to install X.
12
13 As a consequence, I'd like to add xhost to the DEPEND of the eclass.
14 Please advise.
17 Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
18 Gentoo