From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] Font eclass EAPI update and design
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 22:25:47
1 On Mon, 01 Feb 2010 14:29:19 +0100
2 Tomáš Chvátal <scarabeus@g.o> wrote:
3 > Dne 1.2.2010 14:14, Peter Volkov napsal(a):
4
5 > > 1.
6 > > -FONT_SUFFIX=${FONT_SUFFIX:-}
7 > > +: ${FONT_SUFFIX:=}
8 > >
9 > > What are the benefits of this change? Personally I prefer first syntax
10 > > more since it's more evident and does not need to run empty command :
11 > I am just used to this syntax. I dont think it is so huge issue that it
12 > would need revert.
13
14 No thanks. The second form is unreadable.
15
16 > > 4.
17 > > + [[ -n ${DOCS} ]] && { dodoc ${DOCS} || die "docs installation
18 > > failed" ; }
19 > >
20 > > This should be non fatal, until somebody installs all packages that
21 > > inherit font.eclass and assures us that nothing broke with this change.
22 > >
23 > Actualy former behaviour was violating QA rules for dodoc, so it should
24 > be fixed anyway.
25
26 Well then the QA rules for dodoc are dumb. :P There is no reason for an
27 ebuild to die when a generic doc file doesn't get installed.
28
29 The prefix changes are welcome assuming they've been tested.
33 fonts, by design, by neglect
34 gcc-porting, for a fact or just for effect
35 wxwidgets @ gentoo EFFD 380E 047A 4B51 D2BD C64F 8AA8 8346 F9A4 0662