From: Joshua Kinard <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] udev and /usr
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 08:59:18
1 On 09/19/2011 04:33, Michał Górny wrote:
4 > Does the patch involve moving even more stuff to rootfs? If I'm going
5 > to see /share directory or even more /usr/share files in /lib, then I'm
6 > probably going to fork something too.
9 Per our original discussion, isn't the only file udev is looking for
10 pci.ids? If so, I honestly see no reason why that cannot exist in /etc. It
11 fits in perfectly with other files like /etc/DIR_COLORS. If udev hardcodes
12 the path too /usr/share, that's an easy patch then.
13
14 And that's just one option. We can maintain a minimal pci.ids consisting
15 only of disk drivers if need be in /etc, or find some other clever solution.
16 We've got enough people here; someone oughta be able to figure something out.
19 Joshua Kinard
20 Gentoo/MIPS
21 kumba@g.o
22 4096R/D25D95E3 2011-03-28
23
24 "The past tempts us, the present confuses us, the future frightens us. And
25 our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between."
26
27 --Emperor Turhan, Centauri Republic