From: Joshua Kinard <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] udev and /usr
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 08:59:18
On 09/19/2011 04:33, Michał Górny wrote:

> > Does the patch involve moving even more stuff to rootfs? If I'm going > to see /share directory or even more /usr/share files in /lib, then I'm > probably going to fork something too.
Per our original discussion, isn't the only file udev is looking for pci.ids? If so, I honestly see no reason why that cannot exist in /etc. It fits in perfectly with other files like /etc/DIR_COLORS. If udev hardcodes the path too /usr/share, that's an easy patch then. And that's just one option. We can maintain a minimal pci.ids consisting only of disk drivers if need be in /etc, or find some other clever solution. We've got enough people here; someone oughta be able to figure something out. -- Joshua Kinard Gentoo/MIPS kumba@g.o 4096R/D25D95E3 2011-03-28 "The past tempts us, the present confuses us, the future frightens us. And our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between." --Emperor Turhan, Centauri Republic