From: Giovanni Saponaro <gsapo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] [REQ] Boot floppy disk
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 11:36:55
1 Hello...
2
3 You are one of the few Linux distributions *not*
4 supplying a boot floppy disk .img. Why's that?
5
6 Not all systems support bootable CDs. Mine, for one,
7 doesn't.
8
9 Of course I read the FAQ, namely:
10
11 << It is possible, however, for users to install
12 Gentoo Linux directly from an already-existing Linux
13 distribution. Such users need only download the .tbz2
14 file, install the contents on a spare partition
15 (making sure to use the p flag when untarring the
16 tarball!), chroot, and install in the usual fashion.
19 but I'd rather have a good ol' floppy if it's
20 possible. Your alternative install method requires an
21 "already-existing Linux distribution", and that's
22 quite a requirement. I just want to install Gentoo,
23 without having to download another distro and install
24 it first. :)
25
26 Thanks in advance.
27
29 Do You Yahoo!?
30 Yahoo! Tax Center - online filing with TurboTax
31 http://taxes.yahoo.com/