From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Versioning of eclasses and possibly functions inside ebuilds
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 19:21:46
On 12/28/2011 05:12 AM, Francesco Riosa wrote:
> Seem to me that append a time slice to the function, in the name or as > a parent function that call the underling function can solve most of > the versioning/deprecation problems
I've overheard Arfrever discussing a similar approach in funtoo's irc channel, where the ebuild would set a variable prior to inherit if it wants to use a specific eclass API. For the python eclass, he's planning to have ebuilds set the PYTHON_ECLASS_API variable to use the new API. When the variable is unset, the eclass will default to the older API. -- Thanks, Zac