From: Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] QA Team's role
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 23:39:23
1 Renat Lumpau <rl03@g.o> said:
2 > Yes. Here's a quote from Halcy0n (with his permission):
3 >
4 > Don't mistake me not getting involved for approval. I am just not going to
5 > get involved in every single dev->dev disagreement, and certainly not when I
6 > do not have all of the facts. I wasn't aware that every team leader was
7 > accountable for how devs on their team behaved.
8 >
9 > This is not meant as a comment on Halcy0n's abilities as a team leader, as I
10 > understand he has attempted to manage the issue but "reasonable effort" has
11 > failed.
12 >
13 > So, my concern is: if the QA team can't manage its members effectively, should
14 > they be entrusted with tree-wide powers?
15
16 Since one dev so far has stepped "out of line", and this is by no means the
17 only time it has happened, I don't see how this argument has any
18 merit. If it becomes a pattern where all members of the QA team are
19 causing problems, then I can see it as being valid.
20
21 I don't think you will find one person that is going to say they are
22 capable of changing how Ciaran interacts with people. This is an
23 entirely different issue though, and I have talked to Ciaran about it.
24 What I was saying above is that I am not going to go and get involved
25 every single time someone has a disagreement. This situation has
26 obviously grown to be ridiculous and I have had a talk with him about
27 it, so he knows my feelings on the situation, and what I expect.
30 Mark Loeser - Gentoo Developer (cpp gcc-porting qa toolchain x86)
31 email - halcy0n AT gentoo DOT org
32 mark AT halcy0n DOT com
33 web - http://dev.gentoo.org/~halcy0n/
34 http://www.halcy0n.com