From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 29 (USE Flag Grouping) Updates
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 12:47:42
1 On Tuesday 19 October 2004 02:26, Peter Ruskin wrote:
2 > On Monday 18 October 2004 21:19, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
3 > > |  and that leads to my having less
4 > > | confidence in the professional management of the Gentoo project.
5 > >
6 > > I believe I speak for all of us when I say "huh?".
7 >
8 > I didn't of course mean professional as opposed to amateur, but rather
9 > the first listed definition in the Concise Oxford Dictionary:
10 > a vocation or calling, esp. one that involves some branch of advanced
11 > learning or science.
12
13 It has not much to do with professionalism as with the lack of a marketing
14 department. Gentoo is a work in progress and we don't have the resources
15 to fix totally innocent buglets in old version, just because that looks
16 better (The functionality is correct).
17
18 In any case, the management of an open source project has not much to do
19 with the management as performed within regular companies.
20
21 Paul
24 Paul de Vrieze
25 Gentoo Developer