From: Richard Yao <ryao@×××××××××××××.edu>
To: "gentoo-dev@l.g.o" <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: "gentoo-soc@l.g.o" <gentoo-soc@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Submit project ideas NOW for Google Summer of Code 2012
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2012 09:59:20
I am not a developer yet, but I would like to suggest some idea possibilities:

Minix port of Gentoo
Illumos port of Gentoo
LLVM/Clang System Compiler Support
ICC System Compiler Support (probably easier than LLVM/Clang)
Port of Gentoo/FreeBSD to amd64 (or other architectures)
Gentoo/FreeBSD KVM port (we don't have to let upstream have all of the fun)
Gentoo Prefix --as-needed support on one or more architectures that
currently lack it
Gentoo Prefix Cygwin support
Gentoo Prefix Minix support

I might be too inexperienced to serve as a mentor this summer,
provided that the recruitment process finishes in time. I would
appreciate it if anyone interested in being a mentor for any of these
ideas adopted them.