From: Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Bugzilla - New Default Status Workflow
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2011 12:51:38
1 On Sun, Mar 06, 2011 at 01:22:09PM +0100, Christian Ruppert wrote:
2 > Hey guys,
3 >
4 > in bugzilla-4.x they did change the "Status Workflow"[1].
5 >
6 > <snip>
7 > This will convert the status of all bugs using the following
8 > system:
9 >
10 > "NEW" will become "CONFIRMED"
11
12 This seems mildly insane; sure you didn't mean UNCONFIRMED?
15 > "ASSIGNED" will become "IN_PROGRESS"
16 > "REOPENED" will become "CONFIRMED" (and the "REOPENED" status will be
17 > removed)
18
19 Similarly weird.
22 > "CLOSED" will become "VERIFIED" (and the "CLOSED" status will be removed)
23
24 VERIFIED != CLOSED; CLOSED means "this issue should be fixed",
25 VERIFIED means "this issue is confirmed fixed by whatever qa/testing
26 in use"- specifically beyond the developer's testing.
29 > We're almost done with the preparation of bugzilla-4.x for bugs.gentoo.org.
30 > So, do we want the new workflow or do we want to keep the old?
31
32 The new is more orientated towards bugzilla workflow's that have
33 actual secondary validation of a change- developer fixes it, closes
34 it, QA marks it verified, that sort of thing.
35
36 That doesn't really fit our flow all that much, as such we really
37 shouldn't be taking their defaults without tweaking it a bit.
38
39 ~brian