From: Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] euscan: Need to add more upstream info in metadata.xml
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 12:05:29
1 Having done some debian packaging for work, I find watch files from
2 debian really helpful. Changing the format to a XML compatible one does
3 not seem like a hard work so I'll probably leave that up for others to
4 discuss.
5
6 Since you are proposing this, a side question is:
7 Why should we write SRC_URI in ebuilds if that info is now available in
8 metadata.xml ? (granted that we might still want to keep over-riding
9 this information in ebuilds)
12 Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
13 Gentoo