From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, riscv@g.o, mgorny@g.o, Palmer Dabbelt <palmer@×××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] How to structure our RISC-V support
Date: Fri, 07 May 2021 16:11:58
1 Am Donnerstag, 6. Mai 2021, 22:34:52 CEST schrieb Palmer Dabbelt:
2 >
3 > TBH: I'm not really going to come up with something better beacuse I
4 > came up with the current (and likely broken) scheme and I still
5 > don't fully understand why. So if you have suggestions as to
6 > something that would actually work that would be great, as
7 > otherwise I'm just going to come up with something broken again ;)
10 Heh. No worries. I actually liked the idea, just until the moment when
11 I remembered that we had been campaigning for months to replace all
12 absolute symlinks in Gentoo with relative ones. And suddenly there is
13 only on riscv not enough "../" in the link.
14
15 > Is the constraint just "no sub-directories for libraries"? IIRC we
16 > did that because someone else was already doing it and it seems to
17 > be less of a FHS break that adding a bunch of first-level
18 > directories.
19
20 I need to read up on FHS. Time...
24 Andreas K. Hüttel
25 dilfridge@g.o
26 Gentoo Linux developer
27 (council, toolchain, base-system, perl, libreoffice)