From: Jerry A! <jerry@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Bootable RC6 Preview?
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 21:38:10
1 Hey all, sorry I've been out of touch for a while. ReiserFS decided to
2 fuxor my system. No biggee, it happens. However, here's my dilema:
3 2.4.4-ac9 appears to still reiserfs corruption issues. 2.4.6-2.4.7
4 never worked on my systems b/c of strange issues with VIA chipsets.
5
6 I can't get a break. 8)
7
8 Looking over the kernel changelogs, it appears that 2.4.8 and on solve
9 these known issues (at least there were patches applied, and no new
10 patches to fix the previous patches).
11
12 So, what's the default kernel for rc6? Please tell me it's at least
13 2.4.8. Also, can anyone roll a bootable image of the current rc6? I'd
14 like to bootstrap and install from this version rather than risk any
15 goofy fs and chipset issues.
16
17 I wouldn't be so pushy, except I've got a buncha things I'd like to
18 test, verify and commit.
19
20 As always, thanks in advance...
21
22 --Jerry
23
24 name: Jerry Alexandratos || Open-Source software isn't a
25 phone: 703.599.6023 || matter of life or death...
26 email: jerry@×××××××.org || ...It's much more important
27 || than that!