From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] why the distribute proprietary software in our stage3 builds?
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 10:04:47
1 On Thursday 20 November 2003 07:54, Daniel Robbins wrote:
2 > On Wed, 2003-11-19 at 23:44, Jon Portnoy wrote:
3 >
4 > Its inclusion was unintentional. The new db-4 had an optional java? USE
5 > which was causing blackdown to get pulled in to the stage3 (since the
6 > java USE is enabled in GRP building.) Catalyst fixes this (makes sure
7 > only a base set of USE vars are enabled when stage3 is built,) resulting
8 > in a stage3 that is a lot smaller and no blackdown.
9
10 And let me assure that there is not much use for db/java support in stage3
11 except for a few people who want to access the db libraries from java. They
12 can just as well remerge db the way they want it.
13
14 Paul
17 Paul de Vrieze
18 Gentoo Developer