From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@×××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] emerge debug mode
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 13:03:53
1 Seemant Kulleen wrote:
2 > On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 23:36:08 -0500
3 > Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@×××××××××××××××××××.net> wrote:
6 >>Is there a way to run emerge in a debug mode to see where it is
7 >>getting its dependencies? I'm trying to figure out what package I have
8 >>installed that is trying to bring back a bunch of gnome programs and
9 >>libs that I unmerged last night. Before unmerging each of them, I made
10 >>sure with 'qpkg -q -nc -I pkgname' that nothing depended on them.
11 >>
12 > grep for gnome in the DEPEND and RDEPEND files in /var/db/pkg
13
14 Thank you. This looks like exactly what I was looking for. I found 15
15 packages or so that were built with the 'gnome' flag that I'm rebuilding
16 now.
19 Andrew Gaffney
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list