From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [v4] Planning for automatic assignment computation of bugs
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 19:42:26
1 On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 08:47:15AM -0500, Jeremy Olexa wrote:
2 > Robin H. Johnson wrote:
3 >> Notes:
4 >> ------
5 >> 1. For handling <herd>no-herd</herd>, we should add an entry into
6 >> herds.xml to
7 >> catch it (maintainer-needed <at> g.o). Every herd listed in an ebuild
8 >> MUST be in
9 >> herds.xml.
10 > As rbu pointed out, this is slightly incorrect. Most of my ebuilds contain
11 > no-herd. ;) As do others.
12 Ok, I realize that I missed a case here, that was mentioned in the very
13 first proposal.
14
15 >> 2. Herds that do not wish to be contacted for specific bugs should add an
16 >> maintainer element stating that (and use 'ignoreauto' on the element).
17 >> This case however should be very rare, as the package probably doesn't
18 >> belong in the herd if the herd doesn't care about it.
19 >> 3. If you want the default assignment to go to a maintainer, and NOT the
20 >> herd, move the <herd> element further down in the metadata.xml!
21 > AFAIK, "default" now it is assign to maintainer and cc herd and nearly
22 > always herd is higher up in the file. So, [nearly] all ebuilds will have to
23 > change metadata.xml
24 How about the following variation to rules:
25 3. If the herd is "no-herd" AND the metadata contains another herd or
26 maintainer element, drop the "no-herd" entry from computation.
27
28 I'll answer about the default in the other thread.
29
30 > OT, Do the changes to the bugzie interface block bugzilla 3 migration?
31 Unknown, but I would suspect not.
34 Robin Hugh Johnson
35 Gentoo Linux Developer & Infra Guy
36 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
37 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85