From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: yngwin@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Going against co-maintainer's wishes (ref. bug 412697)
Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 07:51:00
1 On Sun, 26 May 2013 15:15:18 +0800
2 Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On 26 May 2013 01:00, Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o> wrote:
5 > > We can now have long discussions about upstream decisions, how to handle
6 > > devrel problems... but I think it's much more easy: this kind of
7 > > "boycott" attitudes should stop in favor of common sense.
8 >
9 > Common sense would be to recognize that systemd is a bad
10 > implementation of a bad idea, and to boycott it distro-wide.
11 >
12 > But you know what they say about common sense...
13
14 As in, say, lastrite GNOME and tell users to switch to other distro?
15 Or maybe everything using udev? Sounds much like the way to get
16 the 'one distro' dream some people have. But wasn't the intent opposite?
19 Best regards,
20 Michał Górny