From: drobbins@g.o
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gnome Build Problems
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 20:36:27
On Thu, Jan 11, 2001 at 10:18:44PM -0500, Jerry A! wrote:
> Hey, I don't know if this is my problem since I'm bleeding edge and > wedging baselayout-1.5 onto my system. > > However, whenever I try to build anything that checks gtk-config and > imlib-config, I get errors saying that neither program can be found. > > I'm guessing that the portage system may not have the appropriate PATH > set. However, I don't know if there are variables that can either be > added to /etc/make.conf (didn't see anything in the code that would > parse GTK_CONFIG and IMLIB_CONFIG); or if there's a file in /etc/env.d > that I can use for portages. > > Dan or Achim, can either of you shed some light on this?
I bet I know what it is. Make sure that the "10xfree" file (from /usr/portage/x11-base/xfree/files) gets copied to /etc/env.d. Then, run env-update, log out of everything and log back in and gtk-config and imlib-config should be found. -- Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o> President/CEO http://www.gentoo.org Gentoo Technologies, Inc.