From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] skel.ebuild cosmetics (move RESTRICT after DEPEND)
Date: Sun, 06 May 2012 22:37:01
1 On 05/07/2012 01:27 AM, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 >>>>>> On Mon, 07 May 2012, Samuli Suominen wrote:
3 >
4 >> If you `vim foo.ebuild` the default template will automatically
5 >> include lines for DEPEND and RDEPEND, but not for RESTRICT
6 >
7 > Are we now using behaviour of editors as a reference? With Emacs or
8 > XEmacs, the template includes RESTRICT and places it before DEPEND and
9 > RDEPEND.
10
11 I would rather see RESTRICT dropped from the template included for
12 emacs, because it's not expected for majority of ebuilds to have need
13 for it (a fact).
14 The template for emacs should be kept in sync with the example for vim
15 (or whichever way around).
18 >> Therefore I suggest we move this example a bit down in skel.ebuild
19 >> as it's more logical to continue with new lines instead of applying
20 >> in-between
21 >
22 >> Any objections?
23 >
24 > Yes. Please leave it as it is.
25
26 Yeah, I will if someone has a (good) argument for doing so.