From: Troy Dack <tad@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Alpha and CCC
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 02:29:52
Timothy Bissell said:
> I don't really know how many people have run into this, but I'm putting > what I had to do forward. Hopefully it will help. Specifically, this is > for an EV56 system, using the compaq compiler. > > What I've noticed, is that the configure scripts don't have a catch to > give the correct flags on a linux system running a compiler other than > gcc. Since this system fails all of the checks (is not running solaris > for example), it defaults to not building shared libraries with the > compiler. > > This was a little annoying. So I made an addition to libtool.eclass, it > should be attached to this message. > > This is not really getting to the heart of the problem, I haven't had > time to dig that far. If someone has a more elegant solution, I am all > ears. Suffice to say, this is what has worked for me, maybe it will help > someone else. >
There is an effort in progress to enable compiler "profiles" (for want of a better word) that will enable people to choose their compiler much the same way that gcc-config sets the gcc version. Check bugs.gentoo.org, there are patches or partial solutions in there somewhere. (there could also be a masked version of gcc/gcc-config in portag, check in packages.mask) I'm sure your contributions would be welcomed by the devs that are undertaking this. -- Troy Dack http://linux.tkdack.com <troy@××××××.com> http://webportage.sf.net Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x4D90BE3C Key fingerprint = 1F3D 6C15 16AA 09D5 0C96 92E5 FD89 16F9 4D90 BE3C -- gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list