From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: hasufell@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Initial python-r1.eclass & distutils-r1.eclass
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 20:40:36
1 On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 21:19:37 +0200
2 hasufell <hasufell@g.o> wrote:
3
5 > Hash: SHA1
6 >
7 > On 10/25/2012 06:41 PM, hasufell wrote:
8 > > 1. there is still no way to convert shebangs via python-r1 2. there
9 > > are no equivalent functions to the python_get_* stuff which are
10 > > sometimes necessary for broken build systems or test phases 3.
11 > > there is no equivalent for python_mod_optimize. Having that in
12 > > distutils-r1 does not suffice for non-distutils packages where I
13 > > might have to do that stuff manually. 5.
14 > > distutils-r1_rename_scripts does not allow to specify a location
15 > > possibly breaking non-standard locations (e.g. games location) 6.
16 > > How can I make the python dependencies optional, e.g. that
17 > > python:3.2 is only pulled in when gtk useflag for this package is
18 > > set? 7. are we sure now that it's safe to ship the .pyc/.pyo files
19 > > inside the package without side-effects? 8. how would I manually
20 > > generate implementation-suffixed scripts without distutils-r1?
21 > > example: x11-misc/redshift-1.7-r1
24 > 4. no equivalent to python_set_active_version
25 >
26 > feature request: let the ebuild developer choose a python
27 > implementation for the whole emerge process.
28 >
29 > usecase: packages not using distutils and not supporting multiple
30 > python abis, but detecting installed python in some way and working
31 > with all python:2.* slots.
32 >
33 > examples that come to my mind right now:
34 > games-strategy/freeorion
35 > games-action/openclonk
36 > net-im/pidgin
37 > app-office/libreoffice
38 >
39 > python_foreach_impl cannot fit that
40
41 Ah, sorry, I must have missed when we started supporting packages for
42 single Python implementation in python-r1. That probably happened when
43 nobody replied to the my mail requesting ideas on handling those
44 packages [1].
45
46 [1]:http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.python/22
49 Best regards,