From: "Marcus D. Hanwell" <cryos@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] package.mask cleanups
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 15:26:40
1 On Tuesday 24 January 2006 14:17, Alec Warner wrote:
2 > I figured it was time for a bit of cleaning... I ended up writing a
3 > really crappy script for stable to do a check of whether package.mask
4 > entries were really referencing anything or not. Luckily Brian was able
5 > to write a much better one for bcportage.
6 >
7 > So the list of invalid masks is at [1].
8 > The script source is at [2].
9 >
10 > Please have a look and see if any of the packages are yours. Entries in
11 > package.mask should have a corresponding ebuild in the tree somewhere.
12 > I'd like to see the number of entries chopped by a fair margin.
13 >
14 All of the KDE stuff is the upcoming 3.5.1 release which we are working on in
15 p.mask until the official release. There *are* ebuilds for all this stuff in
16 the tree right now. So that has chopped the number of entries by a fair
17 margin, but for the script to be useful it should be able to detect they have
18 valid ebuilds.