From: Angelo Arrifano <miknix@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Tone in Gentoo
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 10:17:48
1 On 17-06-2010 12:08, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 11:58:21 +0200
3 > Auke Booij <auke@××××××.com> wrote:
4 >> Wouldn't you agree that unless you're a genius who can understand the
5 >> entire system upfront with just the bit of documentation out there,
6 >> the support given, in this case by the community, is part of the
7 >> product?
8 >
9 > No. The community is what you fall back on when the product (of which
10 > the documentation is an important part) fails.
11 >
12 > The goal of the community should be to improve the product, not to
13 > perpetuate itself.
16 Sounds like we need to nuke our forums (oh wait..), nuke our IRC
17 channels and create a direct phone line for end-user support.
18
19 - Angelo