From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposal: removing "server" profile variants from profiles.desc
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 13:37:39
1 On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 8:46 AM, Sergey Popov <pinkbyte@g.o> wrote:
2 > Indeed. Hardened server profile does not fit in all cases, some
3 > non-hardened server profile should exist, BUT without this warning(if
4 > it's usable, of course), and probably with better support.
5
6 Well, support is mainly a matter of people stepping up to make it
7 happen, as with all things. I think that lack of interest in this
8 profile in general is at the heart of the problem. I see no reason to
9 go killing it, but making it useful is a matter of those with an
10 interest getting together and deciding what it should be.
11
12 Rich