From: Corey Shields <cshields@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Devconference archives
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 03:29:30
1 Archive links for the complete morning and afternoon sessions are at
2 http://devconference.gentoo.org
3
4 With IU's media servers we can make links that start at the times of each
5 individual presentation, but I'll probably get to those later as they need to
6 be timed and I lack the motivation right now.
7
8 Thanks to the speakers of the conference, to Global Netoptex for hosting the
9 conference, and to Indiana University for providing the streaming servers and
10 bandwidth.
11
12 -Corey
13
14 PS - For those who are emailing me about using the Real Media codec. Yes, I
15 realize it is a "proprietary" format, but it is one that we as a distribution
16 support, so if you wish to protest the webcast it is your loss. When I sent
17 a call for help with this conference, IU offered their services. Nobody else
18 did, and despite that nobody else could handle the capacity that they could.
19 If it is offensive to people to do it in real, we will skip the webcasting
20 next time.
23 Corey Shields
24 Gentoo Linux Infrastructure Team
25 Gentoo Foundation Board of Trustees