From: justin <jlec@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] making the stable tree more up-to-date
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 10:43:22
1 Hi,
2
3 I really like that you open all those bugs. But it makes no sense to add
4 arches after a "time out". At least not after a such a short one. The
5 maintainer is responsible for the package, that means it is their
6 responsibility to decide that a package should go stable. In addition
7 they have to make the package fit to the standards that the arch teams
8 request. And I can tell from my own experience it is always more than
9 the average package has. So as long as you don't review the packages
10 yourself, consider a different proceeding than this timeout.
11
12 Please remove all added arches from the packages maintained by all sci*
13 teams.
14
15 Thanks justin