From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] developer profile, FEATURES=digest
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 11:14:43
1 FEATURES=digest results in a scary warning and a possibly dangerous
2 re-generation of manifests at the beginning of every emerge:
3
4 * The FEATURES=digest setting can prevent corruption from being noticed.
5 * The `repoman manifest` command is the preferred way to generate
6 * manifests and it is capable of doing an entire repository or category at
7 * once.
8
9 However, FEATURES=digest is enabled in the developer profile, and only
10 in that profile:
11
12 $ egrep '^FEATURES=.*digest' -r /usr/portage/profiles/
13 /usr/portage/profiles/targets/developer/make.defaults:FEATURES="collision-protect
14 digest multilib-strict sign splitdebug stricter test test-fail-continue
15 userpriv usersandbox"
16
17 I'd like to suggest removing "digest" from the line above. I've been
18 running with the developer profile and -digest in /etc/make.conf, and
19 everything is working fine.
20
21 Paweł Hajdan, Jr.