From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] introduce a soft-limit policy for changing other developers ebuilds
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2012 15:39:41
1 On Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 10:21 AM, hasufell <hasufell@g.o> wrote:
2 > Only question is now what is a sane soft limit, before you go on and fix
3 > stuff.
4 > From a discussion in #gentoo-dev we thought 2-4 weeks depending on the
5 > severity of the bug is fine. Ofc this should exclude major changes or
6 > delicate packages from base-system/core/toolchain.
7
8 Seems reasonable - I'd say 2 weeks is plenty. Of course, if the
9 maintainer explicitly rejects the change in a posting on the bug, then
10 it is hands off without some kind of escalation. Non-maintainers who
11 are concerned about a package can always step up to maintain, as long
12 as it involves real commitment.
13
14 Oh, and on a side note Markos raises a valid point on the bug about
15 whether the devmanual is a good place for policy. The problem is that
16 I'm not sure we really have a good place, especially with the ebuild
17 docs gone in favor of the devmanual now.
18
19 Rich