From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] finding reverse dependencies for arch testing (and other purposes)
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 22:58:04
On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 2:42 PM, Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> wrote:
> It is a bit hard to document a generic testing process. Each package > has different requirements. We tried to document a generic workflow in > amd64 AT[1] and in the AT quiz as well.
Sure, and that's pretty much the method I use, and I imagine most arch testers/devs use. However, in most cases I tend to just find it easier to do everything manually than to use the tools, even though I might want to use a tool. I guess the AT job just isn't that hard to begin with, and the last thing I want is some tool posting in bugs or committing something because I didn't catch something in the documentation. Rich