From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: have portage be quiet by default
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 04:39:41
On Thu, 10 Nov 2011 20:56:22 -0500
Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:

> On Thursday 10 November 2011 20:39:11 Mike Frysinger wrote: > > On Thursday 10 November 2011 19:09:28 Luca Barbato wrote: > > > That could be done, but I'd advise to make sure our users know that the > > > could have a quiet/silent output from portage. > > > > if you want quiet portage output, use something like --quiet when running > > emerge. the verbosity of the build output isn't really an issue imo. > > perhaps a more controversial question: should we make --quiet the default ? > -mike
I really didn't like this idea until I discovered that the whole build log is spit out on error. So yeah, cool. Too bad we lose colored output though. If this changes then it might warrant a news item so people don't freak out. -- fonts, gcc-porting, it makes no sense how it makes no sense toolchain, wxwidgets but i'll take it free anytime @ gentoo.org EFFD 380E 047A 4B51 D2BD C64F 8AA8 8346 F9A4 0662