From: Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] baselayout-2 stablisation plans
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 14:59:20
1 Roy Marples wrote:
2 > On Sat, 2007-07-21 at 12:45 -0400, Daniel Drake wrote:
3 >> Roy Marples wrote:
4 >>> I don't actually know how to set those up or what the migration path
5 >>> would be. Maybe devzero and strerror could document this as I understand
6 >>> they do this.
7 >> I manage systems with a single RAID 0 stripe (not dmraid) managed by
8 >> device-mapper. When upgrading baselayout, we also have to upgrade to a
9 >> recent device-mapper version which provides the device-mapper init
10 >> script. Then we must run:
11 >>
12 >> # rc-update add device-mapper boot
13 >>
14 >> If we don't, we get an unbootable system.
15 >
16 > Probably a good idea to add that to the ebuild output too?
17 >
18 > Roy
21 I added that ages ago.
24 Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>