From: "Michał Górny" <gentoo@××××××××××.pl>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: reavertm@×××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New eclass: scons.eclass
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 08:31:19
1 On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 19:36:50 +0200
2 Maciej Mrozowski <reavertm@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > If SCons is unpredictable, then don't provide *any* phases and only
5 > functions and rename it to scons-utils to match its purpose.
6
7 It is as predictable as the buildsystem meeting the default phase
8 functions requirements -- we can configure it, compile it but no way of
9 knowing what should be done in 'install' for sure.
10
11 > What I hate is deliberately introduced inconsistency in ebuild API's.
12
13 What I hate is replicating bad practices just because someone else did
14 that before. If I'm wrong, then please point me the relation between
15 a particular buildsystem and patching.
18 Best regards,
19 Michał Górny
20
21 <http://mgorny.alt.pl>