From: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] making the stable tree more up-to-date
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 11:10:49
On 12/16/2011 06:06 AM, Agostino Sarubbo wrote:
> On Friday 16 December 2011 11:42:15 justin wrote: >> Hi, >> >> I really like that you open all those bugs. But it makes no sense to add >> arches after a "time out". > Personally, I agree with have "more stable packages in tree", but I just point > out one thing. If me, or another arch tester find ebuild issue(s) and > maintainers does not care of it, makes no sense imho. > > I mark stable with a script and I'm uncomfortable to fix them. As Justin said, > all maintainers are responsible of their packages, so I'd prefer to not touch > other stuff. > > If you(for any developers) are busy and/or you can't fix them, feel free to > mail me or just give an "ack" via irc and I'll provide to fix. > > Regards > Agostino
Hi ago, Does your script do any checking on the quality of the ebuild, eg that it respects C/LDFLAGS. If so, that's useful and would help package maintainers to better prepare their ebuilds for stabilization. And congrats on making dev :) -- Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D. Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened] E-Mail : blueness@g.o GnuPG FP : 8040 5A4D 8709 21B1 1A88 33CE 979C AF40 D045 5535 GnuPG ID : D0455535