From: "Robin H.Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o, gentoo-user@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] [ANN] CFLAGS Builder
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 06:21:11
Greetings,

Just a quick announcement about a new mini-project to write a little
application to work out the correct stable CFLAGS for your system from
/proc/cpuinfo and a few other sources of information.

Please visit this webpage and fill in the form.
http://gentoo.slinky.surrey.sfu.ca/cflagcollect/

For the moment, I am collecting some information so that the application
will work on ALL systems, including those with unusual configurations.
For this to work, I would like everybody to go to the webpage, and fill
it in for all of your systems. There is a perl script on the page if you
want to automate the process more. You can run the script as
'./submit.pl EMAILADDRESS'.

If I get enough data, In a week or two I hope to have the initial
testing release of the CFLAGS builder available.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail     : robbat2@××××××××××××××.net