From: Jehan <nahor@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Just read HORROR in the GWN!
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 17:23:10
1 Rumi Szabolcs wrote:
2
3 > Tell me that it is not true. Tell me that this is just an APRIL 1st JOKE!
4 > I just have read in GWN that Gentoo will drop ebuilds and adopt RPM.
5 > I'm crying since more than an hour now, realizing that the last usable,
6 > professional-compatible Linux distribution is about to die. My only hope
7 > is this whole idea being an April the 1st joke! Tell me that it is,
8 > PLEASE!!!
9
10 It's not a joke. They have to. Microsoft doesn't want to buy Gentoo if
11 it doesn't support RPM. It would be impossible for them to put backdoors
12 if people compile from source.
17 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list