From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Are tags just sets?
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 08:41:27
On Sun, 26 Jun 2011 08:02:57 +0100
Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> wrote:

> First, standardise sets. We probably want to go with a format along > the lines of: > > eapi = 4 > description = Monkeys
A 'type' field would be useful as well, to support various kinds of package sets (much like portage handles currently).
> dev-monkey/howler > dev-monkey/spider > >=dev-monkey/spanky-2.0 > dev-monkey/squirrel
We'd either want to add || ( ) here, or somehow explicitly specify that this is a one-of set.
> Second, make a bunch of sets named kde-tag, editors-tag, xml-tag, > monkeys-tag etc.
I'd go with prefix, not suffix. Should be easier group them together then.
> Disadvantages: doesn't use some horribly convoluted system of XML, > wikis and web 2.0.
And introduces another dedicated file format the PM has to implement from scratch. -- Best regards, Michał Górny