From: Richard Yao <ryao@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] sys-libs/glibc is subject to several out-of-tree licenses
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 22:36:01
1 On 12/21/2012 03:22 PM, Richard Yao wrote:
2 > Dear Everyone,
3 >
4 > sys-libs/glibc contains LICENSE="LGPL-2", but it would appear to be
5 > subject to roughly a dozen licenses, many of which are not in the tree?
6 >
7 > http://sourceware.org/git/?p=glibc.git;a=blob;f=LICENSES;h=80f7f1487947f57815b9fe076fadc8c7f94eeb8e;hb=HEAD
8 >
9 > I can spot BSD-4, ISC and sun-rpc. There is also a license that
10 > intel-ucode, but has had the provisions changed. There are also numerous
11 > other licenses that I am seeing for the first time.
12 >
13 > Does anyone have any thoughts on how we should handle this?
14 >
15 > Yours truly,
16 > Richard Yao
19 I had a chat with ulm. BSD-4 is really BSD-3 because of the following
20 line that I missed:
21
22 >3. [This condition was removed.]
23
24 According to ulm, the appropriate licenses are BSD HPND ISC LGPL-2.1+ rc
25 PCRE. PCRE isn't in the tree yet, but it needs to be introduced as part
26 of as-is cleanup.
27
28 Also, the license that resembled intel-ucode is effectively BSD-3.